Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Calcutta to Bangalore

It is in my opinion a journey that most of us shall not forget till the very end of our times, if that is, there is anything such as "our" time, which of course depends on how we fare in our time! However, there are some of us who willfully attempt to forget this transition as we tread further, in some way knowingly not looking back at the memory lane, for when it is time to assume another role in campus, being on the other side of the ominous table, we plead innocent to any sensetivity towards the souls who have spent hours sitting across us forming different answers to the same, cyclical and perpetually repeating questions that were once asked to us.

It is not within my scope at this date to discuss the merits of such voluntary and intermittent amnesia, but I hope I do not become a case-in-point one day. However, on the other side, the more inextractable piece of our existence, the layer of thought that we passed through in the two years at Joka, continues to make a consistent impact on our chosen way of life and I hope would lead us to serve the marquee our predecessors have created.

As of the present, I have proceeded to find the key differences in my lifestyle in a post-event scenario after moving to Bangalore. I still dont like to get up early, and am facilitated by my organization letting me come in just when the second lecture would start at Jokaland. In a way, the precision of the match I have found here compared with the last two years in terms of routine, though not comparable with clockwork, comes dangerously close to Bangalore traffic signals. Yes, they do have signals in Bangalore, in case you missed them!

Even as I miss the 85% water coverage, Ulsoor lake is just about making up the damage. That coupled with the will-rain-any-moment climatic structuring of my new home is holding me up against the lack of any work or play. So the primary and most heartening loss is of my closest and dear friends whom I now see through minute symbols on a virtual interface and hear through diaphragms and digital speakers.

I hope others have had better luck in making this leap from "our" world to "theirs" and also that they shall make it "our" time from "theirs". This post goes out to everyone of my batchmates living out something new, and remembering that which may never be forgotten. Hope we stay Jokaiites for all our times...

~DragonFire

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter Monsy said...

good thoughts...senti values abt joka huh???

9:47 PM, July 19, 2006  
Blogger daVinChi said...

I have two words for you.
Joka Rocks...So Do You.

Ok... i have used a few more than two... but what the heck. I love it. :)

3:10 AM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger Anil P said...

Leap of faith often does accompany a leap of location :)

7:41 AM, April 07, 2007  
Blogger bloggertown said...

Bloggerchat team has found your blog team to be very interesting and unique!

And so we invite you to become one of the authors of our website www.bloggerchat.in which is the most exciting place for all
bloggers and writers out there!

You could publish your posts, get comments, enter contests, win cool gifts, gossip, fight, unwind urself and much more!

Also, register and Write at bloggerchat to win cool t-shirts, absolutely free!

3:42 AM, October 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home